"To Prepare Professionally Competent Electrical Engineers for Global Industrial requirements and Social needs."
- Impart state-of-the-art technical education at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels through good academic support & facilities. (Academic Development).
- Keep pace with the latest technological developments in the domain. (R&D Activities).
- Effective interactions with industries, academia, and other stakeholders. (Industrial & Societal needs)
- Provide training on soft skills, managerial skills, and professional ethics for the overall development of students and society in an ethical manner. (Human Potential Development).
Department of Electrical Engineering is one of the oldest departments established in 1957 with an intake of 40. Currently, the department is offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs in various disciplines of Electrical Engineering. Presently the total intake of the B.Tech. program is 120 and the M.E. in “Industrial Systems & Drives” program has an intake of 25. A new B.Tech. program in "Internet of Things" with an intake of 60 has been started in 2020 by the department.
The thrust areas of the department are IoT Architecture and Protocols, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, Network & Web Security, and IoT Applications.
The department educates the students to take up challenging jobs in a wide range of industries and engage in research & development activities for the betterment of society. The syllabi of the courses are continuously updated and the laboratories are modernized to reflect the rapid changes in technology.
The courses offered by the department cater to learning needs from the basics to the advanced level. In addition, the department offers a variety of discipline electives to cover modern technologies.
Apart from the regular job offers for the Internet of Things graduates, the list of job profiles for a graduate in this program would be:
- IoT Engineer
- IoT Infrastructure Architect
- IoT App Developer.
- IoT Solution Architect
- IoT Devices supervisor
- IoT Scientists… to name a few
- Centre for Internet of Things (Brochure)
Career Option to Design Your Own Degree
Dr. Praveen Bansal
Centre for Internet of Things
Madhav Institute of Technology & Science, Gwalior