To Prepare Professionally Competent Electrical Engineers for Global Industrial requirements and Social needs.
- Impart state-of-the-art technical education at UG, PG and Ph.D. levels through good academic support & facilities. (Academic Development).
- Keep pace with the latest technological developments in the domain. (R&D Activities).
- Effective interactions with industries, academia and other stakeholders. (Industrial & Societal needs)
- Provide training on soft skills, managerial skills and professional ethics for the overall development of students and society in an ethical manner. (Human Potential Development).
Department of Electrical Engineering is one of the oldest departments established in 1957 with an intake of 40. Currently, the department is offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs in various disciplines of Electrical Engineering. Presently the total intake of the B.Tech. program is 120 and the M.E. in “Industrial Systems & Drives” program is with an intake of 25. A new B.Tech. program in " Internet of Things" with an intake of 60 has been started in 2020 by the department.The thrust areas of the department are Power systems, Power Electronics, Control and Biomedical Instrumentation. The department educates the students to take up challenging jobs in a wide range of industries and engage in research & development activities for the betterment of society. The syllabi of the courses are continuously updated and the laboratories are modernised to reflect the rapid changes in technology. The department offers ME and PhD programs to produce quality research. It has state-of-the-art laboratories to provide hands-on experiences and support research activities. The courses offered by the department cater to learning needs from the basics to the advanced level. In addition, the department offers a variety of discipline electives to cover modern technologies.
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering is Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for 03 Years w.e.f. July 2021
- Department Brochure
- About Electrical Engineering
- About Internet of Things